- Type: Appointed by the Senior Patrol Leader
- Term: 6 months
- Reports to: Assistant Senior Patrol Leader
- Description: The Chaplain Aide works with the Troop Chaplain to meet the religious needs of Scouts in the Troop. He also works to promote the religious awards program.
- Comments: "Duty to God" is one of the core beliefs of Scouting. The Chaplain Aide helps everyone in the Troop by preparing short religious observations for campouts and other functions. The Chaplain Aide does not always lead the observation himself and can have other Troop members help.
- Age: none
- Rank: none
- Experience: none
- Attendance: 50% over the previous 6 months
- Training: You must attend the Troop Junior Leader Training even if you have attended in the past
- Attendance: You are expected to attend 60% of all Troop meetings, Patrol Leaders' Council meetings, outings, and service projects. If your attendance is low, or if you have three (3) unexcused absences in a row, you can be removed from office.
- Effort: You are expected to give this job your best effort
- Uniform: Set the example by wearing your uniform correctly. This means that you will wear all of the parts of the Troop uniform, shirttail tucked in, with all required badges in their correct locations.
- Behavior: Set the example by living the Scout Oath and Law in your everyday life. Show Scout Spirit in everything you say and do.
- Attendance: Set the example by being an active Scout. Be on-time for meetings and activities. You must call the Senior Patrol Leader or Scoutmaster if you are not going to be at a meeting or if you suddenly have to miss an outing. You also need to make sure that someone will assume your responsibilities.
- Assists the Troop Chaplain with religious services at Troop activities
- Tells Scouts about the religious emblem program for their faith
- Makes sure religious holidays are considered during Troop program planning
- Helps plan for religious observance in Troop activities
Go to Leadership Application Page
Back to "Leading The Way..." Page